Monday, November 17, 2008

Doing What It Takes

It's been awhile since my last post, and I have some news! I recently took a job back on the air, to help pay the bills while the Real Estate Market is slow. Agents whose business is quite established are doing okay, but agents like myself who are just trying to get their business going are struggling. As of yet, I don't have repeat clients. I am still trying to build my referral base. I figured the best thing to do was to take a job that's fun, and let's face it.....quite cool. Radio and real estate are similar in that you've either got it or you don't. And, I consider myself very lucky that I've "got it" in both!

All I did was send one e-mail about a possible job, and before I knew it I was offered a FULL TIME gig doing traffic. The good news is that I still have ALOT of flexibility to work on real estate-all weekend, middle of the day, evenings. The bad news is I have to be up @ 4:30am, by work at 5:30am. Ugh. I have done this schedule before, though, so I knew what to expect. It can be a brutal schedule-you just have to discipline yourself to go to bed early. As long as I am in bed by 9, lights out before 10 I am okay.

I am actually at my real estate office right now-it's 1:15 in the afternoon and I have already put in an 8 hour day. I have to go back to traffic at 2:30-I'll be leaving here in awhile to go home and make some coffee, then back out the door.

When I set my mind to it, I can do anything. This has actually made me more efficient, I believe, in my real estate career. I don't have alot of time to play around-every minute counts. In the long run I think this will be good for my real estate career.

Oh yeah, I am pretty much the News/Sports/Talk Traffic Goddess right now. I do WPTF 680am, WDNC 620am (The Bull), WRBZ 850 The Buzz, and also NC State Government Radio. State Government has their own radio station. Who knew?

1 comment:

Jennifer Field said...

If anyone can do it, you can, Mary Lou!