Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hello-is this thing on?

Hi There. Wow, I have always been one to speak my peace (or is it piece?) and this is pretty cool. I can put it out there, not knowing whether or not anyone is listening. It will take me a bit to get the hang of it, as I'd rather jump in feet first and then fix things later. I mainly wanted to share my updates about how my real estate career is going. It's been 3 months since I went into business as a General Brokerage Real Esate agent. If those words sound foreign-it's basically what you think of when you think real estate agent. Before, I worked onsite for a builder, selling homes in several communities in the Raleigh/ Durham/Chapel Hill area. Now I can help anyone with real estate needs just about anywhere. It's very different to what I did before. Friends and family have asked me what I think so far. What I tell them is that before, I was selling homes. Now, I am practicing real estate. There's definitely a difference. A big difference. I am getting ready to work on my 2nd referral transaction -that makes me feel good-I must have done something right in new home sales!!

I used to work in radio as a dee-jay, and I've had opportunities over the past couple of weeks to get my feet wet again in the world of radio. It's actually felt really good. Radio is a fun career, no doubt. But not one I could rely on for the rest of my life. It might be fun to pick up something in radio to do part time while I am getting this real estate gig off the ground. Who knows, it might work out. I recorded a commercial for my company (Coldwell Banker/HPW) that is playing on one of our local stations. Once I figure out how all this works, I'll post the commercial on here and you can listen to it if you'd like.

Okay, since I don't really know what I am doing, I think this is enough for now. See ya.

1 comment:

Jennifer Field said...

Nice start, Mary Lou. Looking forward to watching you on this journey:-)