Sunday, December 28, 2008

Slow Real Estate, Steady Radio

Not much has happened since my last post. I am still doing traffic, and keeping my hands in Real Estate as much as possible-though there's not much happening. I have some buyers that are searching, but just haven't found what they're looking for yet. They're taking some time right now to regroup and take some deep breaths-which is exactly what I am doing.

For now, I am having fun in radio. At first I was hesitant to let any potential real estate clients know that I was doing radio-but I don't feel that way anymore. I am not the only real estate professional who is supplementing their income in some way. I don't have the salary of a spouse to lean on, so for me it's even more important. And, it's an easy profession for which I am more than qualified.

I've decided to give myself a "honeymoon" thru the holidays to not worry about real estate. Yes, I am doing phone duty, staying in touch with clients, maintaining the transactions I do have-but I've jumped off the hampster wheel of trying to "make" things happen right now.

I am doing a mid-day shift on Y 102.9 tomorrow (Monday) from 10-3. It will be my first time being a DJ since July 3rd, 2001. Surprisingly, I am not nervous. Wish me luck!!! :)

1 comment:

Jeff Riehm said...

You Rock, Mary Lou! You're gonna do great at whatever--radio, real estate, anything:)